Good morning to all!!! Today is Sunday fun day and it’s time to relax. So we are going to do a really simple recipe. It takes about 45 minutes, and it’s a great way to dress up chicken without a lot of work. Crunchy Tortilla Chicken with Honey Slaw. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Crunchy Tortilla Chicken with Honey Slaw
Skinless Chicken Breasts halves- 4
Tortilla Chips- 16 oz
Flour- ½ cup (seasoned with Salt & Pepper)
Egg Wash- (You can find the egg wash recipe with the Toasted Ravioli recipe)
Salsa- 1 cup (your favorite)
Method to the Madness
1) In your food processor add the tortilla chips and pulse.
2) Put the flour in one mixing bowl, and in another mixing bowl put the eggs and mix with the salsa. In one more mixing bowl add the tortilla chips.
3) Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then the salsa mix and finally the tortilla chips.
4) Heat some olive oil is a large sauté pan and cook for three minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides. To finish chicken roast in the oven @ 400 for about 9-11 minutes.
5) Ready to eat!! Serve with the Honey Slaw, and ENJOY!!
Mayo- 1 cup
Lime Juice- 5 tablespoons
Honey- 4 tablespoons
Salt & Pepper- to taste
Crushed Red pepper -½ teaspoon
Coleslaw- 6 cups (store bought)
Red Cabbage-2 cups
Cilantro- ½ cup
1) In a mixing bowl whisk together the mayo, lime juice, honey, salt & pepper, and crushed red peppers.
2) Add the remaining ingredients toss well to coat and chill.