Good morning to all! It’s a rainy Saturday morning here in the Midwest, great day to stay home and watch some movies, do some cooking and relax. Today we are going to do a couple of recipes, one is for a skirt steak marinade, and the other is for hash browns. These will work great with a number of egg dishes, like the Eggs Benedict we talked about yesterday or eggs made anyway you like them. The skirt steak I would do one day ahead of time, and the hash browns can be made at brunch time. Have fun and relax this weekend, it’s all about quality time with friends and family!
Skirt Steak Marinade
Skirt Steaks- 1 package= 2 pounds
Chicken stock- 1 quart (store bought)
Beef stock- 1 quart (store bought)
Onion- ½ (sliced, thin)
Green Pepper- ½ (sliced, thin)
Teriyaki Marinade- ¼ cup (store bought)
Bay leaf- 2
Basil- 2 tablespoons (dried)
Oregano-2 tablespoons (dried)
Black Pepper- 2 tablespoons
Salt- 1 tablespoon
Garlic- 3 tablespoons (minced)
Method to the Madness
1) In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients except for Steaks and mix well. In a large container or baking dish lay out Steaks and cover with Marinade.
2) Cover, Refrigerate. I always marinate for at least 6 hours, over night would be best.
3) Grill Steaks to desired temperature. ENJOY.
Hash Browns- 1 store bought package (can be cubed or shredded)
Onion- ¼ cup (small diced)
Green pepper- ¼ cup (small diced)
Mixed shredded cheese ¾ cup (cheddar & mozzarella) Or your favorite mix. The Taco Mix works well too
Salt & Pepper- To taste
1) In a sauté pan heat enough butter to coat the pan. Sauté onions and green peppers until onions become translucent. Add the hash Browns, cook until golden brown, season with salt & pepper, add the cheese and cook until cheese melts.
• Like I said above the recipes work great with all egg styles, Scrambled, over-easy, over-hard, as well as sunny side up. Also with Eggs Benedict, Crab cake Benedict, and the Portobello Benedict.