Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Time for some Changes

Hello everyone!  Well our Mexican adventure is coming to an end, this is the second to last post I will be doing on the subject for awhile.  I will be going back to my recipe cookbook, all my tried and true favorites.  As I look back over the last month’s posts, I really did learn some things and I hope you all did as well.
Mexican cooking is not easy; it’s labor intensive and time consuming. Many of the ingredients we used were roasted prior to use and many sauces had to be made ahead of time.  Not exactly user friendly for the work week.  I introduced us to new ingredients that I may have been familiar with but have never really dived into.  I discovered a Mexican grocery store in my neighborhood, that I knew was there but never gave it a try.  It was a delightful experience, and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.
There are BIG changes on the way for our little blog, most of which are design and functionally.  I am trying to make the new site much more user friendly, all in hopes of making it a more enjoyable experience for all of you.  If you have ANY suggestions please feel free.  I would like the new blog to be all about you all and all your needs.
Thank You
Paulie

Tacos de Chorizo con Papas y Hongos~ Chorizo, Potato and Mushroom Tacos
Ingredients
Chorizo- 12 ounces
White onion- 1 medium (sliced ¼ inch thick)
Mushrooms- 6 ounces (Shiitake, sliced ½ inch thick)
Red-skinned potatoes- 3 medium (Grated through the grater’s largest holes)
Cilantro- ½ cup (chopped)
Corn Tortillas- 12 (warmed)
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa- ¾ cup
Method to the Madness
1)      Lay the chorizo in a large skillet (12 inch) and set over medium heat. Cook, breaking up the clumps, until some of the fat starts to render, about 4 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
2)      Sprinkle in the potatoes; cook stirring frequently until the potatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. If the potatoes start to brown and are not becoming soft, reduce heat. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
3)      Place the mixture into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the cilantro. Serve with the warm tortillas, salsa and some hot sauce.
4)      ENJOY!!
 Recipe courtesy of Rick Bayless's Mexican Everyday
http://www.rickbayless.com/cookbooks/mexicaneveryday.html




No comments:

Post a Comment