Good morning to all! Well after three days of waking up to thunderstorms, this morning is all clear. So I was thinking I was going to get to sleep in, but Lucy had other ideas she was ready to go outside at 4:00 a.m. As a result I had extra time to go through all of my recipes to find this one; Asian Steak Rolls with lime Rice. I love the flavors in this dish, not to mention the price of Flank Steak is always right. This recipe is simple and should take you no longer the 45-50 minutes; you can prepare the Steaks ahead of time and let marinade. I would not marinade for any longer than a couple of hours, The Flank steak can handle it, but the vegetables will not. As always just have some fun, it’s all about quality time with quality people!!
Asian Steak Rolls with Lime Rice
Flank Steak- 1 pound
Asparagus Spears- 16 (trimmed)
Green Onions- 16 pieces (trimmed)
Rice Wine Vinegar- 6 tablespoons
Soy Sauce- 6 tablespoons (low sodium)
Sugar- 4 teaspoons
Toasted Sesame oil- 1 tablespoon
Salt & Pepper- to taste
Method to the Madness
1) Slice the Flank steak across the grain into 16 strips, about ¼ inch thick. Pound the steak as thin as possible, do not let it tear. Season with salt & pepper.
2) At one end of the steak place one piece of the asparagus, and one green onion and roll it up. Secure with a toothpick. Place them in a shallow baking pan.
3) Combine the remaining ingredients together, mix well and pour over the steaks. In the meantime make the Lime Rice.
4) Broil the steaks for 5 minutes and remove, tent with foil. Strain the marinade into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until syrupy, when done spoon over the steaks. ENJOY!!
Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
Garlic- 2 tablespoons (minced)
White Rice- 1 cup
Chicken Broth- 2 cups
Lime Juice- 2 tablespoons (fresh)
Salt & White Pepper- to taste
Cilantro- 2 tablespoons (fresh, chopped)
Lime Zest- 1 tablespoon
Butter- 2 tablespoons
1) Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the garlic; sauté until golden brown. Add rice and sauté for another minute (toasting rice).
2) Add the chicken broth, lime juice, Bring to a boil and then simmer covered for 20 minutes or the broth is absorbed.
3) Stir in the lime zest, cilantro and butter. Season with salt & white pepper.