Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas

Good morning to all!! It’s Thursday and we are almost done with the work week, not that I’m complaining I was after all just on a small vacation. But I’m sure you folks are ready for the weekend, and all the fun and excitement that it brings. Today my wife left for her own small vacation, she is headed down to Nashville for a girl’s weekend, and I’m wishing her safe travels and the best of times!! So it’s just me and Lucy (our dog) for the weekend with lots of work for me. Lucy is not that into working she’s more into napping, eating and napping again, it’s a dog’s life after all but that is why I love her. More than likely I would love that lifestyle; once again I see I have veered off track but it is fun for me to give you little tid-bits about my life, hope you don’t mind. So today I thought we would do something really quick and easy; Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas. If you buy the rotisserie chicken the recipe calls for, it will take you no time at all 10-15 minutes. Let’s get started, have a great day everyone.

Thank You
Paulie

Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas

Avocado- 2 (diced)
Tomatoes- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons
Onion- ¼ cup (small diced)
Garlic- 1 tablespoon (minced)
Cilantro- 2 tablespoons
Jalapeno-1 tablespoon (more if you like it hot)
Lime Juice- 3 tablespoons (fresh)
Chicken-2 cups (rotisserie, shredded)
Salt & Pepper- to taste
Corn Tostada shells- 8 (six inch)

Method to the Madness

1) In a mixing bowl add the avocado, 3 tablespoons of the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the onion, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, the garlic and season with salt & pepper and mash.
2) In another mixing bowl combine the remaining tomato, onion, lime juice, cilantro, chicken and jalapeno season with salt & pepper and mix well.
3) Lay out the tostada shells and spread the avocado mix evenly, top with the chicken mix, and garnish with some fresh lime juice and cilantro.
4) ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment