Monday, August 9, 2010

Blackened Pork Chops with Melon Salad

Happy Monday morning to everyone! Well another morning of thunderstorms, which means another 4 a.m. wake up call. Not the way I wanted to start the week, but it is what it is. And now I just spilled my coffee all over the table; reset button please. O.K. all cleaned up and now back to you guys. Like I said last Monday my wife and I usually try to make up for the weekend sins by eating healthy the first part of the week, I actually found this one last night as I was looking through all of my recipes. This one takes about 30 minutes, you can grill or sauté it, I grill it. Then it can be a one or two pan cooking night, fewer dishes are always welcome in our house. Have a great week everyone!!

Blackened Pork Chops with Melon Salad

The Chops

Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon, Plus 2 (if you are sautéing)
Blackened Seasoning- 2 teaspoons
Pork Chops- 4 (center cut, trimmed)

Method

1) Pre-heat the grill to medium high, in a large Ziploc bag add the Pork Chops, olive oil, and the Blackened seasoning; mix well coating the chops. Grill the Chop until desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side.
2) Serve with the Melon Salad and ENJOY!!

The Melon Salad

Watermelon- 1 cup (chopped medium, seeded)
Honeydew Melon- 1 cup (chopped medium)
Sweet Onion- 2 tablespoons (chopped fine)
Jalapeno- 1 tablespoon (chopped fine)
Cilantro- 2 tablespoons (fresh, chopped)
Lime Juice- 1 tablespoon (fresh)
Salt & Pepper- To taste

Method to the Madness

1) Combine all the ingredients and mix well; chill until dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment