Monday, August 23, 2010

Steak with Mushroom Sauce and Penne Pasta

Happy Monday morning everyone!! Well another weekend has come and gone and I hope everyone is doing well, let’s get the week off to a running start. I know here in the mid west school is starting this week, and everyone is going to be busy. So I thought I would do some recipes that are really easy and super fast, they are for the Mom’s out there that are going to be really busy. My wife and I don’t have any kids at this point, so I can’t imagine how busy you Moms and Dads are. But I know through talking to my friends that are, that it's a crazy time and you are looking for simplicity to get dinner on the table.
On a side note my beautiful wife has returned from her trip to Nashville, so the whole family is back together which is always a good thing. I was happy, Lucy was happy; it’s good to have everyone under the same roof again. She had a wonderful time down in the south, and said it was a great place to visit and maybe live??? Maybe there will be a move in our future, who knows. Anything can happen. Anyway let’s get started on Today’s recipe; Steak with Mushroom Sauce and Penne pasta. Have a great Monday!!!
Thank You
Paulie

Steak with Mushroom Sauce and Penne Pasta

Penne pasta- 1 pound
Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
Sirloin Steak- 1 pound (cut into ½ inch pieces)
Butter- 1 tablespoon
Onion- 2 tablespoons (minced)
Wild Mushrooms- 8 ounces (pre-sliced, package)
Garlic- 1 tablespoon (minced)
Soy sauce- 1 tablespoon
Flour- 3 tablespoons
Beef broth- 1 ½ cups
Salt & pepper- to taste
Thyme sprigs- 4
Parsley- 1 tablespoon (Flat-leaf, fresh, chopped)

Method to the Madness
1) In salted boiling water cook pasta according to directions on the package; see the tip below. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat add the olive oil and cook steak for about 5 minutes, browning on all sides, remove from pan set aside.
3) Melt the butter in the same pan, add the onion, and mushrooms and cook until they get soft about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, add soy sauce and combine and then sprinkle in the flour cook for another couple of minutes and start to slowly add the beef broth. Add the thyme, and salt & pepper bring to a boil and return beef to pan. Toss with the cooked pasta
4) Remove the thyme sprigs and garnish with the parsley and serve.
5) ENJOY!!!

• Tip; whenever I cook pasta I always cook it in salted water until AL dente then strain it and toss it with salt & pepper and a little Olive oil. You can finish cooking the pasta when you toss it with the sauce. They used this method in every Italian restaurant I work, four very different places in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment