Monday, August 30, 2010

Sautéed Salmon and Arugula Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette

Monday not-so fun day, well another weekend has come and gone and I hope everyone had a good one. I always work all weekend so Monday is the start of my days off, with Sunday night being my Friday. I had a great time last night with my wife and in-laws, nothing crazy just relaxing at their house enjoying some adult beverages, and great conservation. Good times, but it makes for a slow start this Monday at least I’m not going to work. I have the next three days off, however I have lots to do mostly blogging and chores. Tomorrow I will be working with a web consultant for 2-4 hours, and we are going to make lots of improvements to our little blog. So if you have any suggestions on functions or anything else you would like to see please feel free, just leave me a comment in the space provided or send me an email. Don’t be shy; I really just want to make it a more enjoyable experience for you guys. That being said, let’s get started on today’s recipe. As usual I like to go healthy for the first few days of the week, so I can enjoy some indulgences during the weekend. Have a great week everyone.

Thank You
Paulie

Sautéed Salmon and Arugula Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette

Salmon- 4 six ounce pieces
Balsamic vinegar- 1 tablespoon
Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
Sweet Onion- 1 tablespoon (minced)
Grape Tomatoes- 1 pint (halved)
Basil- 2 tablespoons (fresh, chopped)
Arugula- 5 cups
Pine nuts- 3 tablespoons (toasted)
Salt & Pepper- to taste

Method to the Madness
1) Season the fillets with salt & pepper; in a nonstick sauté pan over med-high heat add some Olive oil (thin coat will do). Add the fillets and cook for 3 minutes or until browned, flip fillets and cook for another 3-4 minutes or desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan and wipe pan with paper towel.
2) In a mixing bowl add vinegar and slowly whisk in the oil; add the onion, basil and season with salt & pepper. You can do this while fish cooks. Watch the salt you add I find Balsamic is a little salty to begin with.
3) In the same pan you cooked the fish, return to med-high heat and add the tomatoes; sauté until soften about 3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper then add to the vinaigrette, toss with the arugula and plate, top with the salmon garnish with the pine nuts.
4) ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment